Thursday, July 14, 2016

Just Can't Wait

So, in the days of the good old N64, I was a huge fan of platform games like Banjo-Kazooie and Mario 64.  In fact, they were my favorite games of the era.  And to be honest, I'm sad that these style games died out with the increase in graphics capabilities.  That seems silly to me, that a good genre should die out just because graphics have gotten better. (I'm not sure this is the real reason they died out, but I've not been able to find a better one.)

So, when I heard the guys behind Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country were running their own indie development of a new 3D platformer, I became ecstatic.  Enter Yooka Laylee.  Not even out yet but one of the best looking games I've seen this year, I'm chomping at the bit for news on when this title will make it's début.  I would love to have the chance to wander through encapsulated worlds of wonder and excitement, collecting up pieces after finishing puzzles.  I might actually sit down to game seriously again, rather than just squeezing it in when I have time.  I'd also like for my kids to know what a 3D platformer is like, too.  So, I have high hopes for Yooka-Laylee.

I really can't wait to get my hands on this game, and see what Playtonic has in-store.  Do you have any fond memories of the 3D platformers of old?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment