Sunday, May 10, 2020

Gotta Catch'em All! (Pokémon Shield)

     My son got me sucked back in to the world of Pokémon recently with the release of Pokémon Shield.  He's been really competitive about the game, and very proud of the fact he's already beaten the elite four and I just got past the first gym.  But since we have been on shelter-in-place, my son has had to continue to do his schooling, while I have been unemployed.  He has had to watch on in horror as I have been catching up.
     And just to rub salt in that wound, I've been trying to figure out how to get some of the more powerful pokémon into my roster on Shield, which led me down a dark path of discovery.  There I learned that through some serious pokémon voodoo, you can trade up pokémon all the way from Ruby and Sapphire into the Pokémon Home app, in turn making the compatible pokémon available in Sword and Shield.
     I've now committed myself to a terrible task I share with you all now.  I propose that by 2021 I will have traded my way into a complete pokédex.  To achieve my goal is going to take a large number of games and quite a few trades.  So here's the list of titles I'll be using to try and accomplish this mission:

1) Pokémon Ruby
2) Pokémon Sapphire
3) Pokémon Emerald
4) Pokémon FireRed
5) Pokémon LeafGreen
6) Pokémon Colosseum
7) Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc
8) Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
9) Pokémon Diamond
10) Pokémon Black 2
11) Pokémon Y
12) Pokémon Ultra Sun
13) Pokémon Shield

     Also, I'll be procuring Pokémon Let's Go Eevee to help make this process easier.  I'm going to see if I can accomplish all of this with just these titles, but I may need to add more to facilitate a faster transfer of legendaries.  Wish me luck, and I'll try and update as frequent as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment