Monday, February 3, 2020

Blitz for Prizes [Disney Emoji Blitz]

     Disney Emoji Blitz works off of a strange premise.  Play this game to earn upgrades to your phone's keyboard that add a huge number of new emojis.  All Disney, of course.  The game itself is a simple match-three drop game, so this is definitely geared to the casual-game Disney fan.  I'll be honest about it now, I do not fall into that category.  I'm a fan of Walt Disney, the animator, and I am a gamer, I'm just not the kind of person who goes nuts over everything Disney.  This game was not developed with me in mind.
     Now that if got that technical bit out of the way, here's my take on Disney Emoji Blitz:
     My first impressions on this game is that it's meant to get you right in and playing, but there is no way to stop the tutorial, so you have to play through the whole thing in one shot, which can take some time.  Mobile games aren't meant for someone who has time.  So this is something I feel needs a remedy.  Some ability in game to pause, and exit out, then restart from where you left off.  This can be achieved for the most part by cold closing from your phones open apps button, but having to use a shutdown method outside your program always feels like bad coding to me.
     The next thing I noticed when playing the game was the color.  This game uses the whole pallet of bright.  Just playing it cheered me up.  So this stands as plus.
     Past these first blushes, this game is a pretty standard connect three formula, with a timer to keep you on the edge of your seat.  Which is disappointing, but not unexpected.  This game was made to bank on a popular trend, and get a few Disney whales to drop a bunch of money into it while giving a huge number of Disney fans a collection of digital stickers to plaster around people's text conversations and market more Disney products.
     So all in all, this game lacks substance beyond a primal collecting itch, and doesnt really warrant a lot of attention.  I'd give it two out of five stars.  Here's to hoping Jam City will get a better one next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment